Do you bake the cupcakes here?
- Yes. Everyday, our bakers come in while most sane people are asleep and begin baking. By the time you're having your first cup of coffee, these hardy folks have been hard at it for several hours. It takes this type of commitment to quality to make Sweet Carolina Cupcakes the best cupcakes anywhere.
Are they really made from scratch?
- Of course. We start each batch each day with whole, pure ingredients. Most of our recipes are directly from or adapted from my Grandmother's library of cakes and desserts. In her honor and in line with our own commitment to quality, we bake everything each day from scratch. We only use real butter, whole eggs, and pure milk. Grandma wouldn't have done it any other way. Neither would we...
Can I order any flavor from your menu on any day of the week?
- Unfortunately, we can only offer flavors from the menu of the day you wish to pick up your order. Exceptions can be made for large orders coordinated through our special events department. Please call for details.
Why don't you ship?
- Good question. We have tried it. We are currently working to perfect it, and when we do, you'll be the first to know. So, you'll just have to come see us. Fortunately for you, we're located in some pretty sweet places and we're really friendly. Stop by, have a cupcake, and you'll see why fresh is best.
- Yes. My Grandmother, Eloise, was like so many of her contemporaries of the Post-War years. She spent most of her days in the kitchen. Growing up in a rural environment, she learned to bake from her mother who had learned from hers. As an adult, Eloise collected, tried, swapped, and modified almost every recipe she could get her hands on. Even scribbing hilarious notes about the recipe in the margin. My brother, sister, and I spent most of our childhood days in her kitchen. As unofficial taste testers and kitchen assistants, we learned through immersion. I knew how to beat egg whites into stiff peaks before I could ride a bike. It is these recipes and spirit of homemade quality that drives Sweet Carolina Cupcakes today.
How can I keep cupcakes fresh?
- We do not recommend refrigerating. Rather, if you have to keep them for later, place in an airtight container and freeze. Of course, they are at their best the day they are baked and purchased.
Do you do Weddings?
- Oh yeah! We offer several Wedding Packages for you to choose from. We also offer "topper" cakes for cutting. Check out our Wedding page for all the details.
Does Sweet Carolina Cupcakes offer mini cupcakes?
- We do offer mini cupcakes by special order only from the daily flavor list with a minimum of 2 dozen per flavor. Mini cupcakes can not be filled.
- Yes! We do this 2 times a week, offering gluten free/vegan cupcakes. While our gluten free/vegan products are created using gluten-free ingredients and no animal products, we do not have a dedicated allergen-free facility and there is a risk of cross contamination.
Do you use nuts?
- Yes. While not all of our cupcakes, cakes, and Whoopie Pies contain nuts, remember we do work with nuts in our kitchen almost every day.
Can you write "Happy Birthday Uncle Frederick, we hope you enjoy your day!" on my cupcakes?
- Due to our signature decorating style, writing on our cupcakes is very difficult and doesn't lend itself to an attractive presentation. We are happy to offer you other ideas to help your cupcake celebration reflect your style.
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?
- Wow. Tough crowd. As you imagine, we get this question a lot. After consulting with Dr. Walter Swackhammer of the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture and taking into account the prevailing December winds over the Serengeti, we have determined the answer to be 7.